Friday, April 10, 2009

Random Friday...

Hello Lovelies!
The week is winding down and while the final Alice in Wonderland piece is not done yet (I will list it this weekend, it's looking good so far), I still wanted to share some random stuff with you all.

First of all, I found the coolest artist/illustrator and I wanted to share her work with you. Ruth Ishbel Munro is her name and drawing creepy, unsettling and beautiful art is her game. Here are just a couple of pieces entitled Plunger and Carny (you know I have a weakness for the carnival stuff folks), I'm coveting these pieces and will probably get at least one.


And I've seen a lot of blogs lately that have pictured peoples' work spaces and I love when they do this because it gives me ideas and inspiration. So I've decided to post a couple pics of some of the art that I have in my studio that inspires me and makes me laugh. The first is a pic of a watercolor I did of the Scribner pulp cover for Isaac Asimov's I, Robot a couple of years ago. These were fun and I may get back into pulp cover paintings in the future. The rest is self-explanatory except the old airbrush gun that I have on the wall. I don't do airbrush, but I looooved the graphics on this piece and the bottle has a little man with a painter's hat on... cute.




And to leave you all with a little bit of the usual life humor/tragedy. Did you read about the grandma who tried to break up a sword fight between 2 people (sword fight?!) and ended up I guess getting stabbed and died? Again, a sword fight? What is this, the 1600s? Were they dueling? So sad and unfortunate. That's why you don't sword fight folks, tip for the future.

Until next time: unpleasant dreams.

1 comment:

cabin + cub said...

great detail shots of art in your studio!