Sunday, May 3, 2009

Beautiful Things...

Hello Lovelies~

Another weekend has come to an end here at Stapelia and I've been working on some pretty exciting new things. (That is, after I did about 6 hours of business work in Quickbooks and felt my creative spirit departing my body...)

My good friends Elly and Ell (one's Elisabeth, the other is Eleanor), came over this weekend and and we got into the makeup again. (Uh oh, you know what comes next Kiddies... yes, photos.) We started a "top secret" project that I can't yet reveal, but it involved cat-crawling across a wooden deck in the dark... yeah, it's going to be awesome. Trust me. Then we did this peacock eye for fun. What do you think? Pretty cool, huh? Sort of Diabolique meets Dr. Doolittle.



I've gathered yet more of my favorite Etsy sellers/items into Covetables #3 below. Skulls, perfumes, clowns, really, I'm in heaven just looking at these myself! Stop on by their shops.




And I'm going to wrap things up with another movie recommendation that builds on the Barbarella recommendation from last post in that it's another corny sci fi flick but this one features the inimitable Chas Heston. (No, it's not Planet of the Apes... though that's good too.) I am referring to The Omega Man, an apocalyptic future drama featuring albinism, murder and I don't know if they're zombies or what, but they're in rough shape and their eyes freak me out. There's even a totally forced/awkward love-scene that made me wish there was a soundtrack beyond someone playing a set of bells with a house cat. So, check it out, this one gets 4 corn cobs. 

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

2 comments:

Michael said...

That peacock eye is super cool!!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the eye makeup! I'm going to have to do that for a dramatic effect some day. Very cool.