Monday, December 27, 2010

Clown Lion...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are doing well and that your holiday weekends were relaxing and enjoyable. Mine was delightful. My family came to town and we pretty much laughed, opened presents and ate delicious food for 4 straight days. Here are some pics from the weekend:

Champagne with Titanic ice... those cubes are a bear to get out without breaking.


One of my favorite records (it's blue), on my new record player. Best gift of the year!


Creepy clown lion (does my family know me or what?)


And clown cupcake toppers...


But don't think all that celebrating means I don't have wonderful things to share. To start, I am down to literally 3 Zom-B-Vex Calendars and I would love for them to find a home before January so I have dropped the price again: $10. That's right Folks! $10. Treat yourself to an after-holiday gift this year!

And I have started a new series of illustrations that I'm really excited about! I don't want to spoil the surprise so I'll give you a sneak peek of a sketch I'm working on. I'm pretty sure you'll love them so standby.


I have enjoyed an illustrator for awhile now who I wanted to share with you. Harry Clarke actually died in 1931 at the age of 41, so he's not a modern day illustrator. However, I think you'll agree that his style has influenced many illustrators working today. I love the dark richness of it, and the fluid movement as well. I aim to get a book of his works if one exists (because I love a challenge)... take a look:


And a movie recommendation. (More accurately, a series of movies.) I received part of the Charlie Chan DVD collection for Christmas and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. It's funny and dated and in many ways politically incorrect, but the mysteries themselves are clever and fun to watch. There are tons of different movies starring the fictitious detective Charlie Chan, and he was even played by several different actors, so I'm sure you'll find a couple to enjoy. Check them out if you have time!

Plus, the graphics are great.

Until next time: Unpleasant dreams...

No comments: