Monday, September 12, 2011

They're Creepy and They're Crawly...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all doing well out there! Things here are almost overwhelmingly busy, but very good. To start, I shot a private commission over the weekend that was Addams Family-esque and I can't wait to share it with you! It was such fun to do. These folks get my work, so it was a joy to collaborate with them!

They're going to look like this, only creepier and much better looking.

Also, my new secret project launches October 3rd and it's time for Hint #3! As I announced on my Facebook wall last week, there will be 5 clues in all. The first person who successfully lists the clues (in order, descriptions are fine) on the Stapelia wall on release day will get a very special treat, so follow along and prepare yourselves my Pretties!


After many friends recommended I try it, I have finally signed up for Pinterest. Heard of it? It's a way to grab images off the web and organize them into boards that inspire you and others! I have just gotten started, but it's a ton of fun so far. Follow my boards as I develop photo ideas, pin cool stuff, and gather eye candy for your enjoyment! Here is my page.


While poking around looking for old plastic Halloween masks the other day for a project, I came across this great short video on the Veer website called Mask Infusion. I would like one of each, please.


And speaking of crazy cool stuff. I found a great ceramic collection by Rebecca Wilson (a ceramicist) indelicately entitled Blow Me that I just have to share. She has sculpted perfume bottles that look like Colonial/Victorian Era women. The title, the pieces themselves, the colors are all just divine I think. Take a look at some of them:


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

What a fabulous family shot that will be...what a fun lot of people they must be...will check out your pinterest...have only just discovered this site in the last few days myself...and those perfume bottles...wow...so clever..

Unknown said...

I am really lucky that I'm finding a ton of people who understand my unique sense of photographic aesthetic, Chrisy. And they ARE a fun lot!

Hope to see you on Pinterest!