Sunday, December 6, 2009

Candy Apples...

Hello Lovelies!

Hope you are all well. I have been working furiously on the Icarus series and I have the third piece to show you, it's entitled Candy Apple. I have 2 more paintings to do in this series for a holiday show at the RISE Gallery in South Portland, Maine December 17-23rd. If you're in the area during that time, stop by. A lot of wonderful artists, photographers and jewelers will be on display.


I submitted my Skydiver piece to Craftgawker recently and it was posted, which is neat. (From what I understand, it's pretty tough to be selected for that pretty picky site.) If you're not familiar with the site, it's worth your while to check it out, there is some top knotch stuff on there.

I found a really neat site the other day called Sketch Theatre. To start, there are the great sketch videos which show artists doing quick sketches. (I thought these were fascinating to watch.) Plus, if you're an artist, they have a monthly illustration contest for prizes. Pretty neat. (The image below is a video by the artist Apricot Mantle, who does some really neat colored pencil work.)


Well, the holiday season is upon us, and it's been awhile since I did a Covetable list, so I thought I'd do a Gift Guide instead. These are some of my favorites, and I mixed them up so there should be something for everyone. (There are shop links directly beneath the Guide.)



Let's wrap up with some crazy news, shall we? On a holiday note, a man in Georgia, dressed up as an elf, waited in line to uh, sit on Santa's lap and have his picture taken. But that's not the crazy part (believe it or not), when he got to the front of the line, he became a bad elf and told Santa he had dynamite in his coat and was going to blow him up. Whew. What the?! Well, he didn't have dynamite (luckily), and he was promptly arrested. I guess the holiday stress got to Santa's elf, eh?

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

3 comments:

M.M.E. said...

The new piece looks great. Um...this is why I am afraid of people in costume.

cabin + cub said...

Congrats getting on Craftgawker.. that is great! Wish I could come to the show, but alas it is a bit of a drive from the west coast. Hope it all goes well!

ps. I always thought those elves were a bit creepy, but now you're story just verifies it!

Unknown said...

MME: Aww, thank you. And adults who dress like elves... no.

cabin + cub: Thank you! It should be a fun show...