Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Red Lobster, Pink Cupcakes...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope those of you in the US, had a good three day weekend and an excellent Valentine's Day! I played cupid a little this year and set flowers all around the house and baked some delicious chocolate cupcakes. In return, my Sweetie brought home a lobster for dinner... which was delicious!


I mentioned last week that I was going to see Garrison Keillor. I did. And I loved the show. He talked for an hour and 45 minutes straight, no break, no water, no faltering. I would recommend it to anyone who has the chance.

I recently found a wonderful photo stream on Flickr. The illustrator's name is Gemma Quevedo and I fell in love specifically with her Carnaval poster for a local competition. The rest of her work is equally charming, bright and contemporary. Oh, and she has an Etsy shop!


Another artist I found recently really moved me. His work is beautiful and dark and a bit lonely and mysterious. I look at his pieces (created in Photoshop to look like scratchboard, which is amazing), and it reminds me of Ray Bradbury, one of my favorite authors. Daniel Danger of Tiny Media Empire does posters and work for galleries and his prints sell out in minutes... maybe one day I'll be lucky enough to land one. Love his work.


I have found a store that I'm sure most of you will love. The Evolution Store has taxidermy, botanical posters, and all other manner of neat scientific tools and specimens that can make that house or apartment into a museum of dark things... which we love, don't we? Look at this stuff...


Okay Lovelies, I will be in Florida all next week, taking pictures of the old stuff, digging through the junk and wrestling alligators... I will have much to share upon my return!

(Me, next week...)

Until next time... unpleasant dreams.

1 comment:

cabin + cub said...

mmmm.. lobster and cupcakes.. lucky gal!
That Evolution Store looks pretty cool.. can't wait to see your pics! ;)