Monday, April 19, 2010

Stuffed things...

Hello Lovelies!

Well, here we are again back at Monday, eh? I have some things to share that are pretty exciting. Well, first, the Hortensia the Bearded Lady piece was featured in a great treasury revolving around running away to join the circus. Now that's something I can get behind! Some creepy cool stuff here...


I have started a pretty neat project I want to share. In a couple of months, I will be starting an e-comic in weekly installments. I think I will probably give it a blog space of its own, but I'll fill you in when the time comes. I've gotten some initial sketches going and I'm starting to get pretty excited about it. Here are a couple of characters you may see soon. This should prove to be weird, witty and wonderful. Stay tuned!


And I went on an exploratory mission the other day to the new super-sized Goodwill that opened down the street and I was not disappointed! I found all the plaques pictured below (that I love painting on) for a dollar each (that circa '83 Welcome sign is getting the royal treatment) and a great needlepoint Yale bulldog piece that I may make into a pillow... as soon as I learn how to sew. I love junking!


Have you ever heard of Andy Gonsalves? I found him over at Threadless and his work is bright, but has this dark edge that really makes me laugh for some reason. The pieces below? The one with step on a crack, break your Mother's back? Crazy. I love it.


I have found (via the front page), the neatest shop on Etsy full of things that are exquisitely beautiful, and I will never be able to justify buying. But still. Magenta Fabulous is a hattery that uses such wonderful materials. Just look at some of these hats, y'all. Wow.


Have you all heard of Mutt Ink? If not, click on that link because they do some beautiful work and the site itself is so neatly laid out yet has so much mood and feeling. I find this a difficult thing to do when putting a site together, so it was a pleasant surprise. I mean look at those illustrations!


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...




3 comments:

. c h o k l i t . said...

Wooo, so excited that you're going to do a web comic! Can't wait to see what you put out!

I found that Plumed Serpent / Magenta Fabulous shop last week too, and was totally smitten.

Unknown said...

Aww, thank you! It's a pretty exciting project. And yes, those hats are the bees knees. :)

lyptis said...

Love all the illustrations, but especially the Andy Gonsalves ones.

Such dark humor and great talent! Wow!