Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dark Lakes... Hidden Depths

Hello Lovelies!

For those of you in the U.S., I hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend. I spent the weekend with friends at the lake cooking out, having laughs, going out in the boat. It was a beautiful hot weekend and it made me realize why I love living in Maine all over again. I got some nice shots which I'll post next week for you Lovelies.

My weekend was like this, only no one ended up eaten...

I am starting a couple of little projects this week to keep things fresh. First, I will be listing some very small original paintings in the shop, more about that next post, but you'll want to check them out because they're going to be affordable and I rarely list original work in my store. I also may add more lockets to the shop. I'm down to one right now, and I think it offers something completely different for my Lovelies who like pretty things. Stay tuned.

I have found another wonderful artist that I want to share. Lesley Reppeteaux's work is dark and creepy and also beautiful and graceful. The eyes especially are haunting; they're empty, yet convey emotion somehow. She has work in several shows right now, and I would love to see some of her pieces in person. Amazing stuff.

And have you seen the work of Femke Hiemstra? Another amazing artist who combines pop culture references with Mark Ryden-esque characters and paints on found objects; tins, books, signs. Her work is beautiful, detailed and wonderful. Take a look.


It's been awhile since I've posted some Covetables. (Items that I'm coveting in various stores on Etsy.) So, here is a fresh one for you. I decided to list an item I love from the most recent 8 stores I've hearted. Go check them out, they're pretty neat.

5.) kecky

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

2 comments:

Etsy Studios said...

Hauntingly beautiful!

cabin + cub said...

Oh so many things to covet! These are all great... it's like window shopping from home! ;)