Monday, July 19, 2010

They slice, they dice...

Hello Lovelies!

Well, as usual, things are hopping at the Mill. This week, I am finally releasing the first 5 pieces in the Zom-B-Vex art series that I've been hinting about! Youcan see the first couple below, they're made to look like old ads from the 1940's and they seem to makepeople smile... Keep an eye out for the rest this week. Enlargements are available!


There were several businesses that helped me with this endeavor so if you live in Maine, be sure to patronize them and tell them I sent you. Kevin, owner of Foreside Photography, allowed me the use of his studio and equipment. Thank you Kevin. And Kris at Drapeau's Costumes and Louise at Lyric Theater both provided the costumes. Thank you all!

Speaking of photography, I have found yet another wonderful artist I would like to share. Tessa Beebe's work combines the dark and the tattooed and the ocean and Halloween and mischief and I love it all. It makes me think of old sea chanties and pirates and the movie Goonies for some reason. Take a look!


And on the other end of the spectrum, is Andrew Bannecker. His illustration style looks kid-friendly at first, and then you see the actual subjects and it's very much for an adult audience. I mean, look at that balloon smoking a cigar you guys. Really? And that teeny wee clown in the big top piece? I want it for a pet...


So, I finally received The Abominable Dr. Phibes starring the inimitable Vincent Price in the mail the other day. I promptly watched it. Then, I was promptly both confused and impressed. Confused by the plot in general (which is laughable), and impressed by the colors and sets and costumes of the movie in general. It was $3.99 well spent. Check it out if you can find it... I give it 4 out of 5 corncobs.

Oh, and there's this.

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: