Monday, September 20, 2010

The Darkness is spreading...

Hello Lovelies!

So many things going on in the Mill this past week! First, the huge painting I showed shots of last week is very nearly done. I will post the whole thing next post for you to feast your eyes upon. I am also working on my big-girl, all-grown-up art portfolio site and I'll be sharing that with you very soon as well. Oh! And I'm shooting the final pieces in the Zom-B-Vex series this weekend! So keep an eye out for those... they're going over the top this time.


Over the weekend, we had one of our nieces spend the night, and of course, she's a foundling of the darkness, so when I asked her if she wanted me to make her into a vampire... she agreed. The darkness is spreading people... and something cute like this could be coming to a neighborhood near you!


I have stumbled upon a great conceptual photographer named Hugh Kretschmer and since I personally love doing conceptual shots, his work definitely fascinated me. He does a lot of post-shot photo manipulation, which isn't the impressive part to me, because everyone does that nowadays. It's the ideas behind the images and the clever visual statements that I like, plus the seamless Photoshopping. Check it out.


Some of you may already know Tyler Stout's work. (If you love gig posters, he's kind of a legend I guess.) I just found him via Twitter and wow. You really can't beat the pen and ink work, and then there are the totally realistic portraits via a stylized technique I've never seen, oh, and there is the subject matter that's also mind blowing. Can you tell I'm his newest fan? Perhaps I am... I want that ghost/shack poster so bad I can taste it.


Every fall, I have a series of about 6 movies I watch to get me in the Halloween mood. I just watched the first one the other night Something Wicked This Way Comes (of course) the Disney version from the 80's (not that there's another version... unfortunately.) It's great if you haven't seen it Gang.

I also watch:
- Hocus Pocus
- Lady in White
- Halloween 3 Season of the Witch
- Elvira Mistress of the Dark
- Simpsons Treehouse of Horror
- Diabolique (the 1930's French version)


Do you have movies you watch to get you in the holiday spirit? Post them here, I would love to take a look!

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

1 comment:

cabin + cub said...

I can't wait for Halloween! I always love watching The Great Pumpkin (ok, totally not scary, but it;s a classic), as well as a anything ever made by Tim Burton.