Monday, September 27, 2010

The First of Octember...

Hello Lovelies!

So much going on in the Mill this week, it's a bit crazy... in a goodway. First of all, I have finally completed the huge painting I was working on entitled Psychopomp. It came out great and if you're local, you can see it this Friday at the gallery. If you aren't local, you can see more shots on my Flickr page here.


The final pieces in the Zom-B-Vex series will be going up this week as well as candid shots of the models on the Flickr page for your enjoyment. These are really over the top, so stop on by and check them out.


And, if you like Zom-B-Vex, or any of my prints, then you are in luck Lovelies, because I'm having a print sale today until Friday; buy one $20 print, get a second half price. A perfect chance to pick up those prints you love.


And last order of business, I have finally finished my big girl, all-grown-up artist portfolio to show to galleries and potential clients! I'm trying to familiarize people with my work separate from my business so I can start taking commission projects and so forth. Take a look here and tell me what you think.

And I'm happy to report after weeks of having our entire upstairs hall torn up, we finally got our flooring put in last week! Whew. It's beautiful and once the trim goes down, I think it will make our hallways look more of the period than the carpeting we had in there when we bought the place. Take a peek:


I was delighted the other day to learn the name of an artist I have admired since childhood. I'm sure you've seen his work, he has painted hundreds of famous movie posters including; Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Back to the Future, among others. Drew Struzan's work is absolutely amazing, his likenesses are spot-on, and his composition elevates his work to an art and not a mere illustration. Sigh. Can you tell I'm enamored? Take a look:


So, what do you get when you mix 70's fros, funk, Pam Grier and bloodsuckers? That's right, you get Blacula and the sequel; Scream, Blacula, Scream. And I found a used double-feature on DVD last week. Now, I haven't had a chance to watch them yet, but I don't think I'll be disappointed, and you should rent it if you like corny horror...

...and vampiric 70's mutton chops...

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

3 comments:

Additionsstyle said...

Your large painting is very cool! How big is it?

Bacula is hilarious!

Babamoon said...

your painting looks really cool! great work! love the floor! looks fab! bet it'll look lovely when you gett he trim down too :) have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Thank you all!

Additionsstyle: The piece is 12' x 4'. The biggest I've ever done. And Blacula IS hilarious.