Monday, November 1, 2010

Glitter, Glitz and Gore...

Hello Lovelies!

Well, as you can no doubt imagine, it has been busy at the Mill this last week. To start with business, I have done a Holiday Update in the shop that includes handmade garland, cards and a Zom-B-Vex 15-Month Calendar (if you'd like more than one, shoot me an email). I'll be adding a few more things here and there for those of you who like non-traditional holiday gift giving, so stop by often!


I have several projects in the works for some upcoming gallery shows this December (I have 3!), and I'll be posting pics here starting next week. The new work is especially interesting, I think you Lovelies will like it!

Halloween was this past weekend, and of course, I got up to mischief. I went to a bonfire, because, any excuse to get dressed up and do makeup, I'm there. Take a peek! I did all of this makeup. So much fun.


Those of you who follow the blog, know I'm a sucker for three-dimensional illustration. Well, I've found yet another great artist who specializes in this medium. Kira Shaimanova's work is funny and clever and really well executed. No, it's not all dark, but the dark bits are my favorites, especially her Chivalry is Undead series. She makes all the sets, costumes, and people herself. Amazing.


And while we're on great artists, the work of Natalie Shau is also pretty amazing. I found her on the Carbonmade site while doing my own portfolio and I was blown away. I mean, look at it. Is it a painting? Photography? I just can't tell and I don't care. Unsettlingly beautiful work.


Let's wrap up with this picture, because it's funny...



Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Spider, spider on the wall...

cabin + cub said...

great job on all the make-up! very spooky!
hope you had a great halloween. ;)

Unknown said...

Wow - loving the work of Natalie Shau - thanks for sharing. Great makeup, too!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! Glad you Kiddies liked the makeup!

Spider, spider on the wall indeed Lauren. :D