Monday, January 24, 2011

Candy Brite Collection

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all doing well this week. I have a ton of things to share, as usual here. The biggest news of the week, is I have just listed my new Candy Brite Collection! What is the Candy Brite Collection? you ask? I'll tell you; it's a series of 11 art prints inspired by Roy Orbison's song Candy Colored Clown. (Which is to say, on the surface, they're fun and colorful, underneath, they're worn and unsettling...) In addition, with the prints, I have listed Gun Clown Garland. Yep, you read it right, bright garland with guns and clowns on it. Take a peek you guys, it's kind of awesome:


And more good news! The Stapelia Company now has a professional photo studio space. So, as I've said to my Facebook followers; if you're local (or like to travel), bring me your ideas, your dreams and your paying clients and I'll make them fly higher, sing better and live longer. (Or at least look pretty neat... like this for example, or this.) I always love new collaborations, so give me a shout and let's do something together. (I will of course also be using the studio to create great things for you folks, never fear.)

It will be a lot like this, only, I'm not a man who looks like Buzz Aldrin...

Bright, colorful and retro is the theme for the day, so in that vein, let me introduce you to the work of Ragnar. Heard of him? No? Then, feast your eyes on his prolific body of work, including toys, books, commercial design. It's insane. And all impeccably done. See some examples below... I want all of his books. ALL of them.


So, as you faithful followers know, I got a brand new record player for Christmas, and I'm going to marry it. It's wonderful. One album I am particularly hooked on lately, is the James Bond Goldfinger soundtrack by John Barry. The title track features Shirley Bassey and the album cover features the famous "woman painted gold" and I can listen to it all day long! If you own a turntable, do yourself a favor and skip over to Ebay and get one. Stat. That's an order!



Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: