Monday, March 14, 2011

Lollipops and Clowns...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope you are doing well out there. I have a lot to share as usual. To start, I finally got my new business cards in for my photography business and I think they came out really well. I used a full bleed image on the front and very spare information on the back. I'm trying to keep it simple. What do you think?


And, I had more adventures in the studio this past weekend. I photographed two toddlers and while they were a handful and a half, I got some good shots and some really good experience. With most of the folks who model for me, I have an agreement where I will discount the sitting fee if they help me create pieces for my portfolio in addition to their shots. In this case, I shot these little guys in their normal clothes and then I put them in my costumes and shot a series of 4 photos you can see on my Flickr page. So much fun... Here's a teaser:


And speaking of babies, I went to a baby shower over the weekend and I put one of my clown cupcake toppers to good use as a present topper! I think it made the present... take a peek:


Also this past weekend, I got a chance to see the Shanghai Circus at The Music Hall in Portsmouth, NH. First of all, the venue itself is really fun and historic with old wooden floors and velvet curtains, it's beautiful. And the acrobats/performers?! Wow. I've never seen anything like it. I was blown away, literally. If you ever get a chance to see them perform, go.


And speaking of bright, colorful and inspiring things, have you seen the photo styling of Rebecca Thuss? First of all, her site is beautiful of course and apparently, there's nothing she can't do. She's a crafter, a photo stylist for Martha Stewart Living and Wedding among others, and she's a designer. Her photos are so bright and cheery, just go to the site and take a look, or take a gander at these:


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: