Monday, June 20, 2011

Monsters Under the Bed...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all well out there!

Let me start off with some business news, I have listed the entire Everything's Alright Here series in my shop! I have gotten some really positive feedback on this series which is great. It's encouragement like that (mixed with a love for it), that keeps me at it, so thank you all!


You who've followed for awhile know I'm a sucker for a carnival (or circus). So, it was with glee that I went to one over the weekend with some friends and one of my nieces. I got some great shots of the kids enjoying themselves. Perfect summer day. Here are some fun shots of the day:


Speaking of fun carnival related stuff. Have you guys stumbled across The Secret Fun Spot site? Brainchild of artist and designer Kirk Demarais, the site is chock full of vintage dime store packaging, vintage Halloween photos, toys, jokes. It's nuts, in a good way. Go do yourselves a favor and peruse, I dare you to take less than an hour.


Do you use a wallet? Do you know someone who does? (I realize that includes almost everyone on Earth.) The Poketo store has a ton of artistic, fun things, but their limited edition wallets are top knotch. My two current favorites are by Andrea Wan and Gary Baseman, pictured below. (You can't really go wrong with naked ladies running through the woods led by wolves...) Take a peek!


Let's wrap up with some movie talk. I was perusing old sci fi posters for source material for my big secret project, and I came across this little gem of a movie: Bedazzled, starring Raquel Welsh. I have it on my docket for viewing this week, but I have not done so yet. Suffice it to say, it should be interesting and cheap, just the way we like it around here. I read she seduces Dudley Moore in one scene? Gross. I'll let you know how it goes, or you can tell me in the comments if you see it first!


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: