Monday, June 13, 2011

A Little R & R

Hello Lovelies!

I was on vacation last week and took a ton of pics and did some really fun stuff with a friend who was visiting. Here are some random shots from the week:


And, I discovered some great things while I was out and about. First, if you're local to Portland, you may have heard of the International Cryptozoology Museum. Well, I went there with my friend and did the tour and it was fascinating. In addition, there is a great book store attached that's well organized and had a ton of stuff that was right down my alley, including 2 Ray Bradbury books I didn't have! Both the museum and the bookstore are worth a trip.


I also did a bit of junking and found this really fun scarf that has good luck charms all over it. I'm probably not going to use it, but it may show up in a future shoot, so keep your peepers peeled.


Speaking of shoots, I am working on my big annual photography project and it's going wonderfully so far. Those of you who have followed for awhile may remember my Cigar, Creeper & Dark Circus and Sideshow Series and my Zom-B-Vex Series last year. This year's project is the biggest and the best so far and I'm keeping it under wraps until I release the whole thing October 1st. But, I will give you a hint, it sort of involves this:


I will give more hints as we go along and maybe do some other fun promo stuff. The shot above is from a great Galactically Hot Women of Star Trek Flickr stream that you Kiddies may enjoy. So many neat characters from that show.

And let's wrap up with a movie recommendation. This one is not for the faint of heart (or those who hate clowns/marionettes). Dead Silence is a surprisingly good thriller that I just bought because I liked it so much. The plot is good and has some twists, the characters are terrifying and the mood is dark and creepy. All these things equal at least 4 corn cobs out of 5 on my scale for this one. Check it out and don't watch it alone...

...and don't scream.

Until next time: unpleasant dreams.

No comments: