Monday, October 17, 2011

Space Gasser

Hello Lovelies~

I hope all is well out there with you. I have been busy as usual over here. To start, I just mailed off a framed Green Canoe print to a local Make-A-Wish auction to raise money for very ill children to get the wish of their dreams. I love kids, and I think it's a great cause. I hope it helps them out a little.


I have some exciting news! I was asked to become a contributing writer about art, photography, and trendy things of all types over at Lost in E Minor, a site that's featured my work in and past. The site is just full of great eye candy and things to waste your time, so stop on over and as my posts go up, I'll keep you Kiddies in the loop!


And, I am really excited about a piece of artwork I purchased last week that I want to share. This is my first major piece and I'm so happy that I found it. It's entitled Space Gasser and it's an illustration by Derek Yaniger, an artist whose work I've admired for a long time. Great colors, great retro lines. It's perfect. Take a look and let me know what you think:


Oh! And over the weekend, I dragged my Sweetie and some friends to a local haunted attraction called Destination Haunt. What a hoot! We had a great time out in the middle of nowhere, walking through swamps and getting scared to death. I love doing that sort of stuff, and this is the first time we'd been to this particular attraction. If you're in Maine, check it out.

We were kind of like this, only MORE scared...

Let's wrap up with a great ad I found recently. I really can't get enough of this one. It's obviously a Halloween makeup ad for lipstick, but the characters and the women and the colors are just perfect. Does anyone out there have other great vintage Halloween ads to share? Post them here.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: