Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Busy Bee...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope this week finds you all doing well out there! Things here are turning quite cold almost overnight and I had to actually get out a winter coat this morning. It won't be long before the snow starts falling (which I actually enjoy). I mean, if it has to be cold, it might as well be pretty, right? But the cold doesn't keep me from cranking on projects, so here goes!

First off, I have just listed more great items over at STAG and I'm going to keep them coming. Items perfect for gift-giving and I'm going make it even easier for you because I am also offering gift wrap services during the holiday season! For $10, I will wrap your gift using all vintage wrapping and trim. That's right... all manly, all vintage. You will have the best looking present under the tree, guaranteed.





What else? Oh, I just completed a really fun commission for a client's parent's 50th wedding anniversary! Her Dad is a really big car nut and he's owned classic cars throughout her parent's marriage. So, I did a timeline/collage using photos from each decade of their marriage, combined with the cars her Dad owned in each decade and then I had it printed on a large canvas for them. It made it there just in time for the party, and they loved it! (Is there anything I won't do for a client? Nope, not really.) Take a look:


Oh! And I picked the winner for the Monster Card Promo I had going over on my Facebook page, yesterday! Leslie Stair was our big winner, so she's the new Monster Mommy! I will be sending those cards out to her shortly. This promo was so fun (and successful, many new followers to join the madness over there!), I think I'll do something again very soon, so stay tuned. You could be the next winner.


I am in the process of moving (gross) and so I have been sorting through a ton of things, cleaning things and getting rid of a lot. I was pleasantly surprised when I found this old shot I took of my sister back in a college photography class. Ah, the good old days, when I used an actual film camera and an actual dark room to produce my work. I miss it sometimes.


I have found the most amazing design house that I have to share it with you Kiddies. Invisible Creature. Heard of them? Well, their work is bright, and funny and edgy and also distinctly vintage and clever. (Can you tell I'm in love?) Here are just a couple pieces of their work. (That Whino the Clown print is available in their shop and it will be mine... oh yes.)




And let's wrap up with this amazing photo I found recently. I think it's for a car ad? (And if you look closely, they didn't actually bang these cars up, they're just parked really close together.) But, what was the copy, I wonder? I mean... that chick looks like she's lost her mind and that doesn't sell cars the last time I checked...



Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: