Monday, October 29, 2012

Flying Winds & Flying Monkeys

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you're all doing well on this Fall day. I am under a blanket typing this and listening to both Otto Preminger's Anatomy of a Murder soundtrack on record and the wind howling like crazy outside. What weather we're having up here in Maine! But I won't bore you with the weather. A lot has been going on up here that I can't wait to share! To start, some shop news. As I bulk up both StapeliaStag for the holidays (especially Stag), I wanted to let you all know that Etsy now makes it possible for you to buy gift cards for that hard-to-shop-for person on your list! In light of this, both of my shops now accept gift cards, Paypal and credit cards to make things as easy as possible for you. (Because really, finding the perfect gift should be the hard part, not checking out.)


What else? Oh! I am running a fun promo for my Stapelia Facebook page to gain some new followers and to give away a pretty neat item that I think my followers would enjoy! Here are the details: Go to my Facebook page (HERE) between now and next Monday 11.5 and find the promo post that has the below image. Share that post on your wall and give a shout-out to my page. This will serve as your entry to win an almost complete deck of rare, 1960's era Monster Old Maid cards! Featuring the Universal Monsters, like Wolfman, the Mummy, Dracula, these cards are very hard to find and I am just giving them away! So pass it on and get your entry in. Winner will be announced next Monday!


And speaking of monsters, this past weekend, my Sweetie and I and some good friends went on a history walk through the Glidden Cemetery up north and it was such a good time. An old cemetery, a group of funny friends, and a tour at dusk in October? Please. It's a no-brainer. We also learned some neat facts. Like the difference between a cemetery and a graveyard. Do you know what it is? Take a guess and post it below...


I got further into the Halloween spirit over the weekend by putting a flying monkey costume together for my niece complete with special red feather wings and makeup! She was really happy with it, which made me happy. It was tough doing makeup on such a small face, but considering my limited skills in this arena and her limited patience, I think we did okay. Check it out:



I have been doing a ton of junking recently to stock Stag up with some great items for the holidays and in the course of my elbow-deep pilfering and wading through a metric ton of things that I can't believe anyone would want, I have found some records that display some top-notch artwork. While I try to keep my record collection limited to things I love musically, these are so neat, I may just have to hang them up in my studio. Take a look:




Any horror movie fans out there? I'm going to wrap up with a movie recommendation. I recently watched The Moth Diaries and if you're into vampires and/or subtle, classic horror and suspense, this is the movie for you. It's rare that you find a movie that implies more than it shows, but this movie does this in spades. The characters and tone are great. Give it a watch this All Hallows Week.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: