Monday, December 17, 2012

Soft Snow & Sweet Gingerbread...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope this week finds you all doing well out there! We've gotten a break up here in Maine from the cold and the snow for long enough, and it appears that winter is finally upon us. We've had some snow and it's snowing as we speak (or rather, as I type this). I love true winter in Maine. So pretty. And this time of year, it gets me in the holiday spirit!

Speaking of holiday spirit, one of my favorite little ones asked me to help her make a gingerbread village this past weekend. I couldn't say anything but yes (and I'm glad I did!) we had laughs, got icing all over the place and then... she spilled the sprinkles. Ha! So fun... I made this little collage with the photos from that day. (And that's her in her tights... she said they "help her decorate better..." I'll take her word for it.) :)



What else? Oh! I mentioned a couple of posts back that I'm creating a portrait family tree for a holiday gift this year. I will post those final shots next week, but until then, here are more candids from the most recent session for that project because I can't resist! Those faces... goodness, so cute. (This is what happens when you eat crackers at a portrait session and/or are really, really shy. Brilliant, no?)



I have also recently added a ton of new items to Stag with gift-giving in mind! Some vintage holiday decor, special small gifts for the stocking, things for pampering and things for the hobby-loving man in your life! Oh, and immediately below is just a small selection of some of the wonderful new ties going in the shop very soon! Wintery, warm, wooly (and in some cases, wide) ties!






In one of my recent junking trips to find items for Stag, I happened upon an entire unopened package of ribbon from the 70's. You know the stuff; shiny, plastic, bright colors, perfect for tying. I had to have it for my own gift-giving! Not a day later, I came across this amazing post from one of my favorite blogs: And Everything Else Too that gave a ton of creative and beautiful vintage gift-wrapping ideas! (Kind of perfect timing, don't you think?)





Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

Oh these lucky people having you to take family photos...heading off to your shop to check out that santa...
Hope Christmas is a fun time for you...

Unknown said...

Aww, thank you Chrisy! The portraits came out great and the client was delighted. Can't ask for more than that!

Happy Holidays to you over there! :)