Thursday, December 27, 2012

Cold Woods, Warm Furs...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season with family and friends out there if you celebrate the holidays! I quite enjoyed mine. We had a white Christmas and it's snowing as we speak! It could be a snowy winter here in Maine and that's just fine with me. (If it has to be cold, it might as well be pretty, right?) Here are some of the hi-lights from my holidays:

Because what are the holidays without sugar cookies?!
Oh, Bing. One of my favorite holiday albums.
And then someone lost a tooth for Christmas!
Some lights in Portland. So pretty.
Wee hand, sticky candy cane!
She'll have a blue (tongued) Christmas without you!
But don't think the holidays kept me away from the studio! No sir, they didn't. I mentioned a couple of posts back about a new product I would be offering soon: The Portrait Family Tree Package. Well, I finally have an example to show you! Basically, this package includes professional portraits in uniform size and treatment for every member of your family, plus a wall layout suggestion that displays the genealogy and generations of your family in their correct order. No more messy snapshots taken years and years apart! Nope. Just one-of-a-kind, beautiful photographs to document your family and your life! Here is a sample wall with sample portraits. Neat, huh?


What else? Oh, this is fun. I was asked recently by one of my best (and favorite) makeup artists to collaborate with her on a shoot to show off some new makeup techniques she's playing with, and I agreed to help. Well, here is the result, and I call it: Marie Antoinette in Winter. This was an especially challenging project from a styling perspective. I wasn't that familiar with this period of clothing and my costumer was completely confused the entire time because of course, I put my own spin on things, so it wasn't by the book. BUT, I think we did a good job in the end, don't you?






But don't think all of this work has kept me from having a good time this season! Oh, no. It hasn't. And one of the most enjoyable things I've done in the past week is watch Hitchcock, the movie about Alfred Hitchcock's making of Psycho. Hm. What to say? Anthony Hopkins did a remarkable job and I learned a ton of things about one of my favorite movies that I didn't know. The movie was also uncomfortable to watch at times and Hitchcock as a person was a bit creepy. Or maybe they just played that up for effect. Regardless, it's worth a watch, even if you're not a fan!

And in this scene, ScarJo is thinking she was completely mis-cast in this role. 

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: