Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Here Comes the Bride... and Also a Plane.

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all well out there! Things here are splendid as usual, you guys. Let's jump right in with some shots from a wedding I photographed recently. "Wedding?! What?!" I know. I don't usually do them (despite being asked on numerous occasions) because that's not really the market I am trying to break into. That's a whole separate industry from commercial and artistic work which is where I see myself eventually. However, I make the occasional exception for couples who match the level of style, creativity and attention to detail I put into my own work, and this couple blew it right out of the water in that department. (Plus, they're both very sweet and open to playing. Oh, and they had masks...) So, here are some of the shots from the day. The rest can be seen HERE. Congratulations to Mark & Sarah! And thank you for the opportunity to share your special day.






And while we're on the topic of photography, here are some behind the scenes shots from a mini-project I'm shooting for one of my favorite makeup artists. We are collaborating on some ideas for a national makeup competition she wants to enter next year. (This is our second attempt at truly original makeup and I'm quite sure she nailed it this time.) Wow. There will eventually be 4 shots in this series and I'll post the first one next week.




I love being a photographer (obviously), but I am actually trained as a graphic designer and I occasionally take on freelance design work when I have time. Well, recently, I was able to do a simple ID Package (for those not in the know, an ID Package is a logo, envelope, letterhead, business card all designed to match for a business - branding, basically) for a great non-profit organization here in Portland called Creative Space. Creative Space is quickly gaining momentum as an organization that finds old, unused or abandoned space in Portland and pairs these spaces with needs in the creative community. These needs include: art studios, performance spaces, community theater stages, practice and rehearsal spaces and even simple desks with Wi-Fi hook-ups for digital artists. They are doing great things and it's a mission in which I believe very strongly so I was flattered they asked me. Take a look. We kept it very minimal.



And I will wrap up with an absolutely amazing children's fashion magazine I found recently. The photography is so beautiful, artistic and original throughout the entire thing, I can't stop looking. La Petite Magazine is produced somewhere in Europe, and they just get it. I've put some photos below, but take a spin through their magazines, they're all online. The ideas and design, I just can't say enough. I am blown away. It's refreshing to see people still bringing such fresh ideas to both photography and to editorial, and those kids are all just beautiful. Okay, I'll stop, I'm gushing now...





Until next time: unpleasant dreams!


No comments: