Monday, June 17, 2013

Sunny Days by the Ocean...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope this week finds you all doing well out there. I am doing just swell over here! Let's jump right in, shall we?

To start, I believe I mentioned in my last post that I was hired to photograph some classic cars for a client recently for the cover of a local tourist publication up here in Maine. Well, the shots came out so well, I decided they should be sold as archival fine art prints over at Stapelia60' Cadillac & '65 Mustang are perfect for that beach house or 4th of July guest gift and while I don't do a ton of patriotic work, I felt this is really more classic American summer, so it was okay. Ha!



And speaking of classic American summer, I have dropped a ton of great vintage over at STAG this past week and some of it (like that set of Girl Scout camping flatware down there), could definitely be used for summer fun. But I'm especially excited to present some very nice vintage clothing items namely; a starch-front men's dress shirt from 1914 in perfect condition, a 1940's era Good Luck Brand heavy wool work shirt and that snappy micro-plaid summer blazer! Whoo doggies, STAG is on fire, y'all!






I believe you all remember my Last Ones Standing work that was part of the joint Life Is A Gas show that I'm in with a very good painter friend of mine? Well, the artist reception was Friday and it was such fun! Quite a few people came through to look at the work and the space was big, airy and beautiful. Oh, and because the work started with gas masks, it was only fitting that there were some present... like the one modeled by the elegant Ms. Bridget (painter) below. Ha! What an odd life I live...





And here's the most exciting news of all! I was recently asked by Jack Tar 207 (an amazing fashion blog based out of Portland, Maine) to photograph their group for promotional purposes! I was very flattered they asked me to do it and I eagerly agreed. Well, what a fun day. We played out by the water for half a day and then got ice cream after. And they are quite pleased with how they came out, so I am too! Another satisfied client gets the full Jessica Beebe Photography treatment... (Hahaha. I kid. No, not really.) Look at some below, and follow their Facebook page for more!




Let's wrap with an amazing film I discovered on an art blog I follow. Richard Mosse's work in The Enclave is breathtaking. It's not just the material that makes it fascinating to watch, it's also the fact that he shot this movie on 16mm infrared film, so everything looks bright, and technicolor and pink! What?! Watch the below to see what I mean. I am such a fan of color, so this was a treat for sure...




Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: