Monday, July 8, 2013

Cool Drinks, Warm Nights...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope this week finds you all doing well out there! I have been very well and so very busy with wonderful things I can't wait to share! To start, I have many things in the works, but I just finished a fun client project that I think you'll enjoy. These photos were for a Lyme's Disease Awareness website. The client wanted to convey a sense of strength and hope to her followers while also putting a fun twist on things. (Putting a fun twist on things is sort of my speciality, so of course, I was delighted to help!) This was also the first time I'd ever photographed 4 dogs at once. All that energy. But it was such fun. Take a look at the results. I think we did just fine, don't you?



I am getting ready to go to the Brimfield Antique Show this coming weekend and that means a ton of great new STAG things! So, despite the heat (it has been so warm up here, you guys), I listed some great new things to clean out the product queue a bit. Included in the latest product drop is: a novelty shrunken head(!!!), a great handmade lucite woodland decor piece with owls in it, a 1940's Bussman Brand lamp and a Mid-Century Modern trivet with some great fish on it. Take a look... and there's plenty more where that came from!





As I mentioned, it has been quite warm up here for Maine and I can't complain. We've had so much rain and that sun made for a beautiful 4th of July weekend! I spent it enjoying friends, walking on the beach, sipping cold beverages, putting my feet in the ocean, petting cute dogs, listening to some new records I've found and painting with glo sticks. Yeah, you heard me, painting with glo sticks. Once we found out they were non-toxic, my artsy friends and I decorated an entire driveway with glowing craziness and it was better than fireworks. Here was my weekend in pictures:









There is a great restaurant and independent movie house up here in Maine called the Frontier Room and it's my new favorite place. They have great food, but more appealing to me are the movies they show that you can't see anywhere else. Over the weekend I watched Blancanieves, a spin on Snow White involving bull fighting, silent film with text cards Charlie Chaplin styles and poison apples, dwarves, a wicked stepmother and more. I wasn't honestly expecting much, but I was blown away. So beautifully filmed and so noir. If you have a chance to see it, do. For me. Hahaha.

Plus, there's a gypsy wagon, and fireworks and also a cute dwarf...
Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: