Thursday, July 18, 2013

Old Things & A Raccoon on a Leash...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope this week finds you all doing well out there! Things here have been so busy, I'm not blogging until Thursday! I have a ton to share as usual.

To start, I have a ton of photo shoots coming up that I can't wait to share with you. Client work, personal projects. It's turned into a very busy summer. Over the weekend, I was invited to a "Man Camp Carnival." What is that? Oh, it's a thing put on by an awesome friend of mine complete with a popcorn machine, cotton candy, fries and a ton of bouncy houses! He does it all just for fun and it was amazing. Here are some shots from that day. He even had temporary tattoos made!










I also recently went to the Brimfield Antique Show as I mentioned in my last post. I love going. The great finds, the people watching, the fair food, all add up to a very good time and this year was no exception. I saw a woman with a baby pet raccoon on a leash. That was an unexpected moment. And I found some things for STAG as well as myself, including some old board games (which I've never really collected, but now I might), great pieces of paper ephemera, suspenders, ties, coats, and even an old Boy Scout sleeping bag in fairly good condition. I've actually never seen one intact before, so I'll be offering that for sale to the BSA collectors out there. It has a great liner with Boy Scouts doing all sorts of camping things like building fires, pitching tents, tying knots... etc. Good stuff. Here are some pictures from the trip!



That shrunken head decal was pretty much amazing...



I found a complete 1949 game of CLUE for $1! Amazing.

Vintage wool men's bathing suit...
I found an amazing photo series recently that I wanted to share with you. Anthony Kurtz does some amazing work just in general, but his No Man's Job series is just stunning. The colors, the lighting the angles, all perfect. I really love it all. Take a look at a couple examples below and visit the link above to see more!




Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: