Friday, January 3, 2014

A Bright New Year!

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you're all doing well out there in the first few days of the year 2014. I have a really good feeling about this year. I'm fairly certain it's going to be a pretty good one for everyone concerned, don't you?

Let's start with the business side of things as usual. New things have been listed in STAG this past week and good news to the ladies out there: I even have some beautiful vintage items for you! As I've said in the past, most of my items are definitely targeted towards the men in the room, but I occasionally stumble across a vintage piece for women that's so nice, I have to offer it. Because really, Stag is primarily about quality and secondarily about men. Ha! So, in addition to the items below, there are two great, handmade 1960's era cocktail dresses in the shop, as well as several winter skirt suits and Pendleton blazers! And of course, you boys have not been forgotten. That tweed blazer below is so sharp it's dangerous. So, stop on by and start the new year off right.




On the photography side of things, it's been a truly wonderful year. So many new projects, new clients and just an absolute ton of beautiful, inspired work was created. I am so lucky to have a group of friends, colleagues and clients who understand my creative vision and support it both enthusiastically and unconditionally. I can't tell you how grateful I am. Below are just a few of the projects I completed in 2013 and of course, for a more comprehensive album of my work, you may wander by my Flickr page! There are a ton of exciting things coming in 2014, I can't wait to get started!


And speaking of both photography and STAG, I recently found a 1940's era wool, buffalo plaid hunting suit that I plan on offering in Stag. These hunting sets are fairly rare and this one is in great shape. But before I sell it, I'm going to do a promotional shoot using it out in the snowy Maine woods with some vintage props like skis, a sled and perhaps a gun. We've had so much pretty snow out there and this outfit is quintessential vintage Maine and man, so it's happening and it will be fun! Standby for those shots…



But it's not all work and no play over here, so let me tell you about something fun I did recently! I have always loved the outdoors and camping. As a matter of fact, I've camped in many different climates in all different times of the year. That said, I've never winter camped in Maine… until recently. Now, before you say "That's totally bonkers" understand, that I went yurt camping. Which, isn't really roughing it. I had an absolutely wonderful time out there in the white snow and dead quiet of the woods! There was a wood stove for warmth and in fact at one point it was too hot! Which was a bit surreal. Anyway, it was a complete joy and if you're in a state that has yurt sites close by, I highly recommend going if you're someone of intrepid temperament.


And I don't think I blogged at all about Christmas, but really, there isn't much to say that isn't said by everyone when they have a wonderful holiday: it was relaxing, full of laughter and joy, there was too much good food and it was over in a trice. So, I think for visual people like myself, the following sums it all up in one image. This is my good friends' dog… wearing google-eyed glasses. Oh yes, weird and funny. And, she loved it. Hahaha. No, not really.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams!!!

No comments: