Friday, February 20, 2009

Girls who spy...

Hello Lovelies!
So I've been working on a new set of illustrations for the shop that I'm really excited about. I can't reveal anything yet because they are still in the sketch phase. But they play with the idea of female spies throughout history. (Not ACTUAL female spies, just women in period clothing because history is a bit boring to me.) The point is, they're going to be neat and I will probably post them this weekend.

I wanted to share with you kids some pics I took down by the pier near where I live. It was a beautiful day and the post with the face on it made me laugh for some reason. He looks like Redi (sp?) Kilowatt in concrete.



There's a really cool gallery in Portland called SPACE that's very progressive and they always have something neat going on. Last night, I went to an artist show-and-tell night where people had 6 minutes to talk about slides of their work. It was interesting and I saw some neat works and it made me realize most artists should get reps to do their public speaking for them while they stay in the studio. But overall, very neat. If you live near Portland, check it out.

Oh, and a random bit of strange news as usual, did you kids hear about the courthouse in Florida that is completely infested with mice? Mice, running around during trials and sleeping in peoples' purses? Literally so many, they're falling through the ceiling? The facility manager said he's "Put down a few traps" but really folks, is a few going to be enough? Sounds to me like they might want to look into a blow torch and some gasoline at this point.

Until next time: unpleasant dreams.

3 comments:

Ramblin Mama said...

After years in the legal field, I can recall some trials that could have used some mice runing around just to wake us up! I have visions of jurors squealing and standing on their chairs. Judges distractedly watching the mouse in the corner. When the judge asks if there is any reason why you can't serve on this jury, is being afraid of mice a valid answer?

Unknown said...

Or is fear of getting a vermin-carried disease a valid reason? We're not sure. But at least going to trial would be more interesting.

Anonymous said...

I would love to have that many mice floating around - at some point, its just funny.