Monday, February 14, 2011

Dark Valentines...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope this V-day finds you all doing well and finding some way to enjoy it. I made a card for my Sweetie this year (as I do every year), inspired by these little guys. I'm also making chicken parm tonight (wish me luck, I've never tried it before). We have a tradition of staying in instead of trying to beat the restaurant crowds and it usually makes for a wonderful Valentine's Day.


In business news, I will be listing what remains of my Okotteru series in the shop this week for your buying pleasure. They look even cuter in person, and people really seemed to be taken with them. So, keep an eye out for those!


I had to share this with you Lovelies. A good friend of mine in the UK sent me a Christmas package literally right after Thanksgiving that just arrived last week because of some ridiculous back up at the post office. Imagine my surprise when I opened my the box and found this unusual (and awesome) assortment of candy. Not sure if they're meant to actually be eaten, I assume they could be. I however, will keep them for novelty purposes only.


Scorpion sucker anyone?

Have you guys seen the hilarious Mamika series by photographer Sacha Goldberger? A little back story, the photographer's 91 year old grandma was suffering from a little bit of depression so he started this series to boost her mood. At first she was reluctant to model, but she eventually got into it and now there are tons of photos and a book based on the series. Such neat work and such a great story...


Ready for some weird news? This is just plain ridiculous... An Indonesian man was arrested in Thailand for attempting to smuggle an entire zoo's worth of animals out of the country in 3 suitcases. Contents included snakes, spiders, squirrels, and lizards. I just don't know how they all survived such close quarters. Seems like an entire food chain going on in there. Yikes.


That's taking Rubbermaid to a whole new level you guys...

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

2 comments:

cabin + cub said...

Hope you had a great Valentines! Not so sure I am brave enough to eat those candies... eek! ;)

Unknown said...

I know I'm not! Bleck. :P

Yes, it was a great V-Day. I hope you and Jasper enjoyed it too... :)