Monday, August 15, 2011

A Distant Rumble...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope you are all well out there. Much to share as usual here. To start, my work has gotten some attention lately and I'm so happy, I wanted to share. First, Laughing Squid (a wonderful art blog out of San Francisco) featured my Everything's Alright Here series last week. Then that same series was featured again on a blog called Photojojo, which features artistic photography of all kinds. I was flattered to be featured alongside people whose work I've admire for some time, so a big thank you to both!


I was also asked awhile back if my Macabit the Barker image could be used on the cover of Filth, a zine out of Baltimore that features art, photography and short fiction. I said yes and I just received a copy last week. The work inside is great and I was flattered to be asked. So, thank you to Karley over at Filth as well! New photography will be posted next week and I think you're going to love it, Kiddies... standby.


And speaking of photography, I have found some great new work I wanted to share. Have you Lovelies heard of Jasmin Schuller? All of her work is pretty amazing, but I fell in love specifically with her Sweet Meat series. She photographed meats of all kinds styled to look like desserts. It's both mouth watering and disturbing.


And speaking of disturbing, my friend turned me on to Killhouettes: silhouettes depicting Victorian folks offing themselves, or offing others, or just proffering all manner of weapons. Is that a baby in a pram holding an axe??? The bottom line is these are really cool and I really think I need one.


And I'll wrap up with this image by Rosie Hardy, which makes me laugh. (I think we've all had days like this, no?) Oh, and she has a great Flickr stream as well.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: