Monday, August 22, 2011

The Godfather Returns...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all doing well out there this week! Busy over here as usual and I have some exciting things to share. To start, I was commissioned to shoot two of the cars used in the actual Godfather movies for marketing purposes and to celebrate the upcoming 40th anniversary of the series. We had a ton of fun with the cars. A big thank you to Motoropolis Classic Cars for the opportunity! Here are some of the shots, the rest can be seen on my Flickr page.


I am gearing up to release my big annual photo series in October (for those of you new to the site, past series have included Cigar, Creeper & Dark Circus and Sideshow and Zom-B-Vex) and I am sending out some promo packets to local ad agencies to peak their interest and to let them know I'm around and available for work. I just ordered these amazing mini accordion books from Bay Photo to showcase my work and I am delighted with them. Take a look and let me know what you think!


And I have discovered yet another amazing conceptual photographer, Brooke Shaden, who I think you will all appreciate. Her work is beautiful and arty and I love how she shoots from neat angles and hangs people in the air to give her work a weightless, unique almost cinematic quality. Here are my favorites:


And let's wrap up with a completely bonkers movie that was so crude and violent and also funny and over the top, that I'm still trying to process it all. Hobo with a Shotgun, is definitely not for everyone, it has the same feel as Rob Zombie's movies and 1970's grindhouse flicks remade by Alex Rodriguez. There is almost no plot, but the basic gist is that a hobo, played by Rutger Hauer, rolls into a completely corrupt town, sees major crimes going on all around him, gets fed up, buys a shotgun and becomes a hobo with a shotgun. Roll credits. But the quotes and the violence make it hilarious. If you like Rob Zombie, you'll love this.

Plus, the poster's pretty cool too.

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: