Monday, August 29, 2011

Fall is in the air...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all well! I was on vacation this past week because my sister (who lives on the West Coast) was in town visiting. We had a lot of fun, and I think we probably got the last warm week of summer here. Irene blew in some fall-like weather here in Maine. Here are some shots of her trip. (That's the first time she ever held a lobster, and it sort of freaked her out... but she did just fine.) It was a good week, I love you Ab!


What else? Oh, if you're local to Portland, Maine, I have some pieces in a show at Mayo Street Arts. The show opens this Friday for First Friday Artwalk and the theme is portraits. I have some beautiful framed prints of my Titian Haired Beauty, Beehive and Killer Mime Bird pieces. Pics don't do them justice. Stop on by and say 'hi' if you're local!


I have also finally finished shooting my big annual project! I think (and hope) this will series will blow you away. I will reveal teasers as we go along (starting with this one) until the project's release October 3rd. These ladies somewhat inspired my series and they are part of a great Galactically Hot Women of Star Trek Set on Flickr. See the rest here.


And while we're talking about photography that will blow your mind, I just discovered someone whose work is just amazing and still has a great deal of contemporary relevance in my opinion: Ralph Eugene Meatyard (great name). Heard of him? Well take a look at his work and tell me he doesn't seem modern in his approach. He died in '72 and most of these were shot in the 40's! Amazing...


And let's wrap up with a movie that I'm not sure I've ever seen, but maybe. Uhm. The Garbage Pail Kids Movie? Anyone seen it? And if so... how was it? I honestly don't know how I missed this one, folks. Let me know what you think? Have you seen it? If so, what was your favorite scene?

And why do they all look like Don Rickles?

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: