Monday, December 12, 2011

Pilgrims & Glitter

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all well out there as we approach the hectic holiday season. Things here are very good... and busy. To start, I finally have photos of my studio space to share! It's coming along very nicely, only a few things to do and it will be finished (but of course I am taking bookings). Here are a few shots and the rest can be seen on my Flickr page here.

A nice sitting area for meetings and guests.


The shooting area with plenty of natural light.

I love these Asian lamps, they had been gathering dust waiting to be rewired and I finally got them all finished up and back in service!

While I was visiting home, I think I mentioned doing a portrait session for my parents. Well, those are done, and here are a few. They own all those clothes, believe it or not. Kind of explains where I come from, eh? The rest are here.


And I mentioned in the last post that I was putting some corsages together for a holiday card shoot I had been commissioned to do. Well, here are some process shots of those, as well the finished product on the clients!


Do you have artists on your Christmas list? I may have found the answer to your gift-giving needs this season. The multiple book lists for artists on Wing's Art & Design blog sure peaked my interest. Many titles I had never even heard of, but I'll be picking up a few for sure. And that blog is worth a look-see anyway, lots of great gems there.


What is your favorite holiday movie and why? I want to hear them, Friends. I love, love, love Rankin Bass movies, so Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and Santa Clause is Comin' to Town are two of my favorites. I love the corny songs and the stop-motion animation no end. I also love another movie many wouldn't think of watching at Christmas-time: Gremlins. I mentioned it last year, and I'll mention it again, it's hilarious holiday fun. Come on, give me some movie ideas!

This behind the scenes shot from Santa Clause is Comin' to Town is the bees knees.

"Hi! I'm Mickey Rooney and I'm much cuter as a puppet!"

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: