Monday, January 30, 2012

Red Invasion...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all doing well out there. Things are very busy here! So much to share. To start, as promised, I have uploaded all the edited shots from the recent engagement shoot I did for a fun couple (and their dog) who were really up for anything. (And yes, there was glitter all over the studio when we were done, but I think you'll agree, it was worth it!) There are a few of those shots below, and the rest are in my Flickr stream here.


And some of you may remember that I decided to do a Fun-A-Day Project the entire month of January. Fun-A-Day is a way to incorporate more art time in your life by doing a piece a day for an entire month. For my project, I decided to shoot one red thing per day using the Instagram app on my iPhone. I now have 30 shots done and printed I will be showing them this Friday for First Friday here in Portland at the SKG Gallery. Here are some of those, and the rest are here.


And speaking of red, I have just completed the third (out of four) shot in my Red Army Series. I love how these are coming out. And if you're new to this conversation, this series subtly depicts the true power behind the man, as well as showing some of the very young faces that could have fought in wars past when even teenagers were made to serve.


And speaking of a sort of classic, timeless look, I am loving illustrator Jonathan Bartlett's work lately. He has an almost surreal style that also features timeless fashion and character choices that elevate the strange themes to beautiful art. Take a look at some examples, great work. I especially love those rabbits in the venus fly traps.


Let's wrap up with a blog recommendation, shall we? Have you heard of Black and WTF? I've put some examples below, but you could get lost for hours in the pages of unusual, old black and white photos on this blog. Great stuff. Check it out.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: