Monday, February 6, 2012

My Fuzzy Valentines

Hello Lovelies~

I hope all is well with you out there! As usual, I have a ton of things I'm excited to share. To start, I have finally finished my brand new, professional portfolio! It took a long time to decide on a site I liked (with nice, big pictures and a simple lay out), and then a lot of work getting the site loaded up, but I'm happy with how it came out. I'll be posting all my new work to it, so bookmark if you want to follow along. Check it out HERE.

(It was like this much work, only not as embarrassing...)

I did a shoot this past weekend I'm really, really excited about. I think it's going to be amazing once I'm done with it. I'll give you hint, it involved the following things:


Oh, and while we were in the studio playing around with all manner of glitter, confetti, streamers and party poppers to get what we needed, my Sweetie went nuts with the confetti and I made a GIF of it for all to enjoy:

Photobucket


I was browsing at my favorite local book shop over the weekend, the Green Hand Bookstore, when I came across an entire box of unused vintage Valentines! Some of them were flocked, some had glitter, all were adorable and they were only 50 cents apiece. Needless to say I got some for my friends for V-day and to share with you fine folks here.


I also found this Men's Adventure artwork book from Taschen (who else) and I have thoroughly enjoyed flipping through all that great artwork. I find it immensely inspiring as a lot of my work starts with vintage imagery like this.


And speaking of random vintage stuff, I saw this old toy on a blog recently that I just had to share with you guys. Have you ever heard of Gre-gorey the Bat? Not in all my vintage trawling have I ever seen such a toy. Made by Mattel around 1979, it was literally just a huge rubber bat with a transparent chest through which you can see its guts. I don't think it even did anything, but... I love it anyway. Take a look.

I love this family photo + Gre-gorey. Priceless.

And on that note, I'll leave you.

Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

2 comments:

Chrisy said...

The portfolio link doesn't work honey...will come back later and check it out...congrats on getting it all together. Very impressed with the Sweetie Gif!

Unknown said...

Whoops. I fixed it. Sorry.

Thank you! :)