Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Memorable Memorial Day...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all doing well out there! I have so many things to share, this is going to be a long post. To start, my Clue book just went live today on Blurb. I received my copy last week and it's beautiful you guys; hard cover, full color, fun extras. This is the first of hopefully many books I will be offering. If you are interested, you may order your copy directly through Blurb at the link below (you may preview some of the book there as well). Pass it along and spread the word if you have friends/relatives you think would be interested!


Clue by Jessica Beebe | Make Your Own Book

Over the long holiday weekend, I flew out to Minnesota to visit my old college roommate and meet her kids and do a mini-shoot and some sight-seeing. What a good time we had! I photographed her kids throughout the weekend to catch them candidly. I really love shooting kids, they're so natural in front of the camera most of the time. Here are some of my favorites, such sweet babies:




We also visited the Spam Museum while we were out and about. (For those of you not familiar with Spam, it is processed lunch meat in a can that tastes like ham... kinda.) They take Spam really seriously at the museum, but of course, I think most of the visitors were judging it a bit in this day and age of organic, locally grown, hormone-free meats.



Speaking of organic and locally grown, we also visited a beautiful, vibrant farmer's market while I was there. Wow. Fresh produce, meat and eggs, baked goods, flowers, and even pickles! It was the first one I'd ever visited and I was amazed. I couldn't stop taking pictures, here are some. My favorite is this farmer and his wife who grow raspberries. So sweet and iconically American.






After I got back to Maine, we celebrated Memorial Day yesterday by going to a local park and having a picnic. The weather was gorgeous: a perfect summer day. The Lady's Slippers were in bloom all over the place and we hiked by the beach and just soaked it all in. A great season to live in Maine, you guys.




Well, that about wraps it up, tons of eye candy for you this week, eh? Oh, I'll send you off with this amazing vintage shot I found recently with the following caption: Max Schulze pours cocktails like the LZ-129 Frosted Cocktail (gin and orange juice) and the Maybach 12 (gin, kirsch and Benedictine) in the bar between the smoking room and the airlock on the German airship Hindenburg. Because of the highly flammable hydrogen on board, no one could leave the smoking room with a burning cigarette, cigar or pipe, and Schulze's duties included monitoring the airlock door. 


Oh, to live back in the day of Zeppelins, eh Lovelies?




Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: