Monday, May 7, 2012

Clues for the Clueless...

Hello Lovelies~

So much to share, and it's all good stuff! To start, I am posting the big Clue project bit by bit this week on all my sites starting with the characters today on Facebook. The murder scenes will come out as the week goes on, so follow Facebook or my Flickr feed for those. Below are some of my favorite shots. I made them sort of look like game cards with a 50's twist. I had a blast shooting this series, and I want to send a huge thank you out to my models, my hair/makeup people, my costumer, my assistants, Blue Elephant Catering for allowing me access to the space, and of course the Masonic Lodge for also allowing us to get into mischief in their space.






What else? Oh! The huge Brimfield Antique Show is this week in Massachusetts and I will of course be going at the end of this week. You may remember some of these past scores if you've followed the blog for awhile. You never know what you'll find and it's a blast digging through junk, people watching and enjoying the spring weather outdoors. This time, I am on the prowl for specific items for upcoming shoots, including: Vintage men's swim trunks, women's cat eye sunglasses and rare costumes. Wish me luck, you guys!




Any of you out there have hip little kids who love temporary tattoos? Or do you yourself like temporary tattoos? Well, say goodbye to those cheap convenience store snakes and fairies and hello to Tattly! Designed by artists, Tattly temporary tattoos make you look hip and cool without a permanent commitment! There are tons of different designs from which to choose and of course, if you don't like it, you can scrub it off... These are some of my favorites:





I want to wrap up with a great shot I found recently on Pinterest. (Yep, I'm on there too: HERE.) I don't know why this photo is so captivating to me, but it is. This shot is by Henri Cartier Bresson, a master French photographer who took lifestyle shots much like Diane Arbus. But what I love about his work are the compositions, the eye for where things are in the frame, the light and the selective focus. Do you know his work? Do you have a favorite?



Until next time: Unpleasant dreams...

No comments: