Monday, June 11, 2012

Blue Bayou...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope you are all doing well out there as usual. A lot going here. First, I was in the studio yesterday shooting some product for Stag (my new vintage men's shop opening Father's Day), and while I was at it, I did a little impromptu shoot of Amy wearing some of the Stag inventory. (I'm not sure she'll give up that tie or those suspenders so I can sell them, but I thought the shots looked summery and sort of bayou-ish. Don't you?)



And speaking of Stag, I will post the shop url to the blog once I have items listed and it goes live, so keep your eyes peeled, these are items you don't want to miss for the special man, boy or dad in your life!



I have also finally gotten around to listing my One-A-Day photo piece in the shop today! This is a one-of-a-kind photo art piece that includes all 30 of the photos shown HERE framed in a floating plexiglass frame. It comes with the hardware to hang it and the plexi still has the protective sheeting on it, so you may remove that upon its arrive for a crystal clear surface. The pictures don't really do it justice. This is the only one I'll ever do most likely, so check it out!




And I have a bit of sad news for those who don't already know. One of my biggest inspirations, the author Ray Bradbury (who wrote Fahrenheit 451, The Martian Chronicles, Something Wicked This Way Comes and many others), died last week at 91. While he lived a long full life, and left a ton of great work behind, it symbolizes the end of an era to me and so of course I was saddened by the loss. If you're not familiar with his work, you can usually find pulp novels from the 50's for pennies on the dollar to get your feet wet. If you're a fan, what was your favorite work by him?




I found the coolest music video recently on a blog I follow and I wanted to share it. It's fully illustrated, creepy and a bit hypnotic. I just couldn't look away despite being sort of unsettled by it. Take a look:



And let's wrap up with another great movie that I saw recently. Master of the World, a 1961 adaptation of Jules Verne's classic of the same name starring Vincent Price was unexpectedly good. The effects were pretty believable, the sets were great and the acting wasn't too bad either. The premise of the movie is that a scientist in the 1700's creates a war blimp that he uses to float all over the world intimidating countries into peace by threatening to bomb them into oblivion from above. Sounds backwards doesn't it? Well, that's Jules Verne for you. It's on instant on Netflix right now, so check it out if you want some light film entertainment.




Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: