Monday, June 18, 2012

Mohawks, Bouffants & Stags...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope your week is going well so far out there! A lot to share. To start, STAG is finally open for business and ready to roll. There is a Stag Facebook page for following all things man-related, but I will also post any neat finds or new product drops here or to my STAG Flickr album for your perusing pleasure. (Basically, I'm making it as easy as I can for you to shop!) I am always listing new things, so if you need special gifts or want to treat yourself or someone you love, stop by.


That photo up there is actually my Dad back in the day, I posted it for Father's Day because it fit so perfectly with the Stag look. I hope everyone out there had a great Father's Day! I sent my Dad a card because he lives 5 states away, and I spent the day with my Sweetie's Dad and family out in the sun. It was quite lovely.

And speaking of my Sweetie, I've been all about photographing crazy hair lately, so when I saw her sporting this 'hawk, I just had to snap a pic!


And speaking of crazy hair, I finally got a frame and painting light for the bouffant painting I shared with you guys from Brimfield a month or so back. She looks just perfect in her dark corner. I can't believe she was only $15!


I have recently been working on a project that I'm shooting the beginning of July. (I'll give you a hint, it has to do with the below image somewhat, but add in classic cars, cat fighting and craziness and you're getting warmer.)


My point is, in the course of my research, I've been looking at a ton of classic cars and I stumbled upon a site that you may enjoy if you like neat auto trivia: Hemmings. Heard of it? Well, this blog is just absolutely over-flowing with neat old car stuff. Check it out!




I want to wrap up with yet another corny/gross movie recommendation from the 70's. Wow, that era was just chockfull of crazy, wasn't it? The latest movie, is Squirm. Heard of it? Well, the basic premise is there is an area in something like Alabama or Mississippi where the earthworms have teeth and are violent. Add to the mix a freak lightening storm and some downed power lines and you know what that means... yep, killer worms. There is nothing even remotely plausible about this movie (and almost the entire cast are redheads, which begs the question: Why? Since this wasn't a plot point) and yet, I couldn't look away. It's definitely corny, but not so bad you want to stop watching and you'll get some laughs if this is your thing. Let me know what you think if you watch it!




Until next time: unpleasant dreams...




No comments: