Monday, July 2, 2012

Tiaras, Kudos & Manly Men...


Hello Lovelies!

This could set the record for the longest post ever. So much going on I can barely contain myself over here! To start, I've gotten some kudos recently that I wanted to share because these are some great sites you should be checking out anyway. To start, The Perfect Pleasure is a site full of eye candy that revolves around the pleasure of smoking. Some great shots here, including my Algonquin the Clown shot from the Cigar, Creeper & Dark series!


My Everything's Alright Here series was featured on another site called Chuk'num which features a ton of great artwork so of course I was flattered. I love how they equate this series with Stepford Wives (a huge inspiration for this shoot), without me even telling them! It's great when the work conveys what it's intended to to a complete stranger, eh?



And my Sailor & Nurse shot (the male version) was selected to be part of the Perfect Exposure 2012 exhibit at The Perfect Exposure Gallery in Los Angeles, CA! It was picked out of thousands of entries worldwide. I'm very excited to be showing in LA amongst other top people in their fields.


But, there's no rest for the wicked and I have two big shoots coming up this weekend that I've been preparing for. The first, is a mini look book for Stag, my vintage store, featuring a real live boy! Yes, he'll become my real Ken doll to show off things available at the store, and also to offer fashion tips for the style conscious Stags out there. I loved the 3-D logos that I saw in the ads for liquor and clothing back in the 40's, they almost used them as a prop to ID the product. So, I decided to make my own! Here it is... and I won't be doing that again any time soon, kids. Whew.

3-D Logos like this!
And, I am also shooting the beauty queens this weekend! We're all set to go. I just took delivery of the crown and as you can see it's beautiful. I'm so lucky to have great people who lend things for my projects and this is the real deal worn by a real Queen. Standby for all those shots next week...


Have you guys bought your copy of the CLUE book yet? It's amazing and I'm not going to make it available forever so in a way, it's limited edition. I thought if you saw the quality firsthand, it would sell you on it, so here are some shots of my personal copy. Now, scamper over and pick yourself up a copy, you won't regret it... promise.

And speaking of books, I was going through my personal collection looking for more Stag items and I came across an old favorite: Applied Lettering & Design by Rand Holub. This book is stuffed with great old typography and layout from the 40's, all hand done. Amazing stuff. I actually used this book to lay out the type and logo for Zom-B-Vex so it would look like a genuine magazine ad of the period. I may let this book go eventually, but not quite yet.



Something I will be letting go soon, is a nice big lot of vintage sandwich sword cocktail picks (old and detailed, not cheap like modern day ones), into the Stag shop. I found them in a lot of old stuff with these great drink toppers that I may also sell soon. Love that mermaid, don't you?


And speaking of vintage, let's wrap up with this amazing (and cute) vintage Halloween photo I found recently. Some were creeped out about it when they saw it at first, then I point out the white tennies and black socks and they agreed, it's cute. Love finding old costume shots, I collect them in fact.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: