Monday, August 13, 2012

Meat - B - Gone, Indeed...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope this weeks finds you doing well out there. I have been busy over here as usual, trying to balance all the different sides of my business so fresh content is always there for you! I shot my latest conceptual project yesterday. I'm still working on it, but here are some teasers. Below is the fake product prop box I designed for the shoot and a candid of the model. (This candid shot reminds me of the soft dreamy cover of Chet Baker's Chet album for some reason. For a two-second shot, I kind of love it.) I will release that work next post!





What else? Oh, since I do so much conceptual/commercial work, I feel a lot of people have the impression that I don't do product or family photography. This is simply not true at all. So, to clarify what I can do, I designed this handy FAQ for your reference! The bottom line is this: If you want the best and you're not sure if I do it, please send me an email and ask. That anniversary headshot below was very different from my usual eccentric fare, but I can do that too (and I enjoy it)!



But back to the odd, I don't usually do casting calls on the blog, but I need 6 8-9 year old kids for an upcoming project, so I thought I'd widen my net. If you are local to Portland, Maine, have a son or daughter who is 8-9 years of age and has the ability to focus and take instruction, and if they're comfortable in front of the camera, email me! I am shooting my annual Halloween card September 30th and it's all about the kids this year. The main criteria is that they have to fit into one of the outfits I'm renting. So, send along a message if you're interested and I'll try to make it work. (I don't want to spoil the concept, but it has to do somewhat with the below image...)


I have found an amazing artist recently who I wanted to share with you: Fernando Vicente. Wow. That's all I can really say. Mixing an expert mastery of human anatomy with a classic painterly approach and then placing his subject matter in clothing and fake magazine covers to give it a 1940's Vogue sense of familiarity, I honestly have never seen anything like it. And those faces (when they aren't dissected) are so expressive. I love this work. Take a look.




And let's wrap up with a movie recommendation, shall we? As you know, have no taste in film by most peoples' standards. No Criterion Collection for this girl. So, it should come as no shock that I love almost everything Pam Grier did during her blacksploitation period. Including, my latest find: Big Doll House. Wowza, this movie has it all; cat fighting, naked women, prison breaks, drug addiction, torture with cobras and of course, Pam Grier's horrible acting and ginormous fro. The bottom line is this: watch it if you have a spare hour or two and tell me what you think, and if you have better things to do, I laud your self-restraint. Ha!



Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: