Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fall is Coming, Can You Feel it?

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all well out there. Things here are super busy as always, and there are some exciting things coming down the pike! To start, I have an opening for my Godfather Returns series this Friday 5-8 at Motorland Vintage American gallery and classic car showroom in Biddeford, Maine! (For those of you new to the blog, I was given the opportunity to shoot 2 of the cars used in the Godfather movies last year and these are the pieces being shown. I recreated a sort of gangland look with a little bit of violence and a lot of class.) Come out and join me if you're local!


I will be shooting a fun project this weekend that I can't wait to share! Inspired by a vintage ad, I am going to put my own spin on it (of course). It will be sort of a companion piece to my Meat-B-Gone work. A pair of prints that attempt to turn the somewhat misogynistic 50's on their ear. Here's a little hint to get you ready for it. Standby for that!



And last piece of business, I still need one more 8-9 year old boy for my upcoming Halloween shoot! If you or someone you know has a boy in this age range who can focus and take instruction in the midst of distraction, send him my way! I need to get these kids fitted and ready to go. Pass it on if you know anyone. These shots will make them look amazing!


I have found some amazing things that I wanted to share with you Kids. The first one comes courtesy of one of my favorite blogs: Monster Brains. Apparently, back in the day, companies made sheets of monster stickers that were ama-zing and featured a ton of really top-knotch art in sticker form. That's right, you could put these anywhere (and I imagine people did). Here are just a few of the sheets you'll see if you click on that link up there. I'll take one of each, please.





Then I found this totally random barber shop quartet site for the Poughkeepsie Newyorkers Chorus that had some high quality vintage choral costumes that I just had to share. I genuinely likes the tuxes and all the different colors there at the beginning, but then when you get down to those rainbow gangster outfits and the Fred from Scooby Doo disco outfits, it takes a turn for the worse. Coming from a show choir background myself, I know costumes can get really hideous, really fast. Still, these sort of made my day...




And speaking of making your day, I'm going to end this post with an amazing Halloween shot I found recently. Everything about this is perfect: the dark eyes staring out of that mask, the cat's expression like "WTF?!" and of course, the wolf mask being worn by a little girl in a dress. Perfection. I love it.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: