Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Eye-Candy-Filled Year in Review...

Hello Lovelies!

I hope you are all doing well on this fine New Year's Day! We have had some wonderful winter weather up here in Maine that's totally put me in the mood to brew up some coffee, get under a blanket and read a good book. But we all know I can't sit still for long! So here are some of the things I've been working on lately and other things I've found that you may enjoy.

First, I was reviewing all of the wonderful projects I've had the pleasure of shooting this year and I felt extremely grateful to have the chance to work with so many great people. I decided to do up a little collage of the top shots and put out a message of thanks for a great 2012 and the hope for an even better 2013! (Whew, when you look at them all together, it's a lot!)


Also, in the STAG arena, I continue to list top-notch, vintage items almost weekly for you men (and women) of discerning taste out there! This week's haul includes a ton of great ties, a rare Naval Realm of the South Seas (crossing the Panama Canal) certificate in a vintage frame and all of the great things below. Good stuff, always!




And now, on to all of the great eye-candy I've found for you Kiddies! First, I found the Boston Public Library photo archive via one of my favorite blogs the other day, and about 3 hours later, I reluctantly pulled myself away to be more productive! What a fascinating library of images. My particular favorites are the images in the 'Amusement' folder, of course. The images below come from that folder, in fact.


And if you're in love with vintage black and white images like I am, and if you're familiar with Pinterest, then do I have a board for you! Photobooth Love has a ton of great, vintage images of famous and not-so-famous folks mugging for the camera. All those happy faces and the lighting in the old booths both, are amazing. It's also a mini cross section of American history featuring people from all walks of life, just living. Enjoy!




Let's wrap up with an amazing little piece of paper ephemera I would give my eye teeth to own. I found this deck of cards via And Everything Else Too, a great source of fantastic vintage. Dandy Candy is absolutely chock-full of 1950's candy imagery (eeeks!) and the backs are also adorned with some one-color little illustrations and don't even get me started on that box! Great all around. Take a peek and then swing on by that great blog and peep out the other great things...




Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: