Monday, February 25, 2013

Cold Beach, Hot Cowboy...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope this Monday finds you all doing well out there! Things here are busy as usual. So much to share.

To start, my Westworld shoot is finally done and posted. Some of the shots are below, and the rest can be found over at Behance. This was such a fun project in so many ways. To start, it allowed me to put my own spin on one of my favorite 70's-era science fiction movies. Then, I got to work with a great crew and one of my favorite models who always brings his A-game even when it's 20 degrees out. We braved some runny noses, ice, finicky equipment that froze, and a dark, dirty coal furnace to get these shots and everyone nailed it, I think! I hope you enjoy...




Speaking of projects, I believe I mentioned starting another large-scale project a few posts back? (A project on-par with my Zom-B-Vex, Venomous Vixens and Cigar, Creeper & Dark pieces.) Well, the new series, which I've entitled Modern America, is inspired by the paintings of Norman Rockwell. Few know that Rockwell's paintings were in fact based on photographs he styled himself, so it's only fitting to take those paintings back to the photographic medium, I think. I will create 12 or so final works, based on his paintings, but I am giving each a modern twist by addressing issues, dynamics and aspects of modern life that in many cases, didn't even exist in his day. I shot the first piece over the weekend, and I will post that next week! Keep an eye on this series, it's going to be good, I think.


We had yet more snow over the weekend, but that didn't keep me from getting out to the beach and enjoying the misty pre-snow weather. It's quite meditative being out there: watching the waves and the sea gulls. I'm very lucky to be able to drive 15 minutes and be at the beach: it's one of the benefits of living in Maine, for sure. And I also found this strange piece of metal out there that was all beautiful and rusty. I have a little curio cabinet that I put beach things in and I added this to the collection. I hope it was off of a boat from somewhere very far away...




Until next time: unpleasant dreams...




No comments: