Monday, February 18, 2013

Keeping it fresh...

Lovelies~

I hope you are all well this fine Monday! I have the day off for President's Day here and boy, am I glad I do. I was shooting various things all weekend long and it's time to play catch-up.

The shoot I'm most excited about, is a series of personal work that I mentioned a couple of posts back. Inspired by Westworld, a 70's sci fi classic, and featuring a killer robot cowboy, my crew and I braved snow showers and a dusty coal furnace to get these shots. And it was totally worth it! (But, if you ever do same, take note: bring Kleenex and something hot to drink!) Here is a trailer for that movie just to give you an idea of where I'm headed...



What else? Oh! I also did some client head shots and while I was in there, I took a new one of myself to keep my portfolio fresh. It came out alright, but photographing yourself is one of the hardest things you can do, Folks. Barf. Trust me. Take a peek. I was trying out a new lighting arrangement and background. What do you think?


All of this shooting hasn't taken me away from my other venture: STAG. A great group of items has been listed in the shop this week! It was a pretty clothing-centric group, but I will be back to listing things for the home next week! Take a look. That Dickie work coat is a classic, no?





I have found some amazing things that I wanted to share with you too. To start, if I ever have an actual budget for business cards that's bigger than $1, I would love some like these. Wow. Belinda Love Lee designed these cards for prop stylist Christina Yan and they have all the bells and whistles that make greeting card/graphic designers/artists like myself go weak in the knees; 100+ lb. card stock, gold foil and blind embossing. Goodness. Take a look... So classy.





Any of you have wee baby ones out there? Because one of my favorite design firms House Industries, has partnered with Uncle Goose (a high-end building block maker), to produce limited edition House building blocks. And they are cute and amazing and I want that set of Alphabet Factory Blocks like it's my job. So nice.





And I'm going to wrap up with some of the cutest Valentine's Day design I saw this season from another favorite design team: Lab Partners, out of San Francisco. I mean, just look at it! It's a 1960's era illustrated animal band... I mean, come on. That elephant? More importantly, that mouse? And those colors. This work makes me happy for sure...



Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: