Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A Whole Lot of Vintage Action...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all well out there and that those of you who live in the U.S. enjoyed your holiday weekends for Memorial Day! I sure did. It was very busy and also very relaxing. (Yes, that's possible - in my life, at least...) Let's jump right in, shall we?

To start, in anticipation of Father's Day, I have added a ton of great items to the STAG store just for the boys out there (or the women who love them). Tons of great ties, manly knick knacks and some great vintage wool sporting shirts including the two below. And let's not forget that nautical side. I think this sea captain hat or anchor wall hanging would do the trick, don't you? Give Dad the very best... Give him STAG Vintage.






What else? Oh. I have begun another major fine art photography project that I am very excited about. I won't reveal what it is until I have 4-5 shots done (so folks understand what it's really about). It's the most serious project I've ever done (it's quite hard for me to not go right over into humor, but I'm trying) and I am very, very excited about it. I shot the second piece in the series over the weekend and I offered this prop shot to my Facebook followers just to whet their appetites... Points if you can guess what I'm doing before I tell you!


The Ronald McDonald House is an organization with a mission in which I believe very strongly. It's very hard on families when a child falls ill and the Ronald McDonald House helps families stay close to their wee patient as they get better. I think this makes all the difference. I always donate a framed print to their Purses with Purpose fundraiser and this year was no exception! My Sea Fence print will be available at the event June 6th at the Woodlands Club in Falmouth. Come out if you're local and want to support a great cause.




And on to other news. I am a photographer, and as such, I believe I fall into the majority when I say I am not very comfortable in front of that lens. Nope. Partly because I am camera shy and partly because I am a control freak. Ha! So, it was with a bit of anxiety that I modeled for Jack Tar, a Maine fashion blog, this past weekend. However, it ended up being very fun and I met some great ladies who made me feel very comfortable. It was a sort of cocktail theme and I always do vintage, so I did it up Veronica Lake style with the help of my wonderful makeup artist/hair people. Like the Jack Tar page to see those shots as they go up (and some great local fashion as well)!


Yesterday was a holiday and it was beautiful for the first time in weeks here in Maine. So, after a morning run, I headed out to the local flea market with a friend to shop for STAG, and just in general. Well, I was delighted to spy a vintage pair of women's bowling shoes in white leather with fun bowling pins heels, in almost perfect condition and in my size! What?! That's right. So, after some cleaning and polishing, I am wearing them today and I am completely in love... take a look! Cute, no?



And let me wrap by saying I saw Gatsby over the weekend and I was completely blown away. Completely. For purists, who adore the book, maybe this isn't the movie for you. But for artists like myself, who adore the 20's, notice the smallest details and pay attention to the soundtrack as well, this was just too much. So good. Those colors? The parties? The costumes? And all with a sexy, bass-laden contemporary score? Whew. See it. Please. For me. :)

Plus, there's Leo and those eyes... sigh.


Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: