Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sun-Dappled Dracula & Other Things...

Hello Lovelies~

I hope you are all well out there. Things here are per the usual, very, very busy and very, very good! Whew. So much to share! To start, I am showing my CLUE series during the month of September at Elements in Biddeford, Maine. I am very excited about this show, mainly because of the venue. For those not familiar with Biddeford, trendy, hip, fun places are sorely lacking in that area and this cafe really brings a wonderful place to have meetings, do work or just enjoy a beverage. I love the entire vibe of the place and the people who run it, so when they asked me to show something, I enthusiastically agreed! If you're local, check out the work and the space and support a great local business!





Most of you know about my artistic work because that's what I like to hi-light here. It's more interesting at times to document that process than it is to share my lifestyle photography and styling, but really, that's what the bulk of my client work consists of. Recently, I had to put a tear sheet together to present to a couple of potential clients to show them what I can do and I realized that I like doing this work just as much as my artistic projects. Why? Because it's easy to make people look amazing in costume, but it's an altogether different animal to make people/life look amazing in a journalistic, "shoot it as you find it" way. I am always working to make my lifestyle work more distinct and signature as well as breathtakingly beautiful (no pressure). Haha. Here is some of that work now:


But I can't resist sharing those conceptual, artistic projects too and I shot the next two pieces in my Rein It In series this past weekend. Some process candids from that shoot are below. We're adding an Asian Bond Girl and a Vampire to the mix this go around in an effort to create the most diverse set of models possible for this series. What a blast this was. I think the quote of the day might have been when my Asian model got a look at herself in a mirror all done up and said: "Wow. I look really Asian." Hahaha. No, really? Goodness. I will post those next two shots very soon!





This vampire quite enjoys the sun, it seems...



All work and no play is very boring. So, I took a day off and grabbed one of my favorite little girls and we had a beach day! Taking a child to the beach is a totally different experience and I had a really good time. We met some friends and built sand castles (not very successfully: getting that sand to the right consistency is harder than it looks), had snacks, they went swimming and we laughed a whole lot. I'm really starting to dig this Maine beach thing...




Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: