Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Off to the Fair!!!

Hello Lovelies~

I hope this week finds you all well and settling into Fall if you're in the Northern Hemisphere. The weather up here in Maine has been almost perfect: warm days, cool nights, plenty of days of sunshine. In fact, I took last weekend to make a trip to our Common Ground Fair up here and I have a ton of pictures of that to share with you all!

But first, I shot my annual Halloween card last week and I am very, very excited with how it's coming along! Here is a teaser of things to come. My adorable model Katie is sporting a vintage, 1940's Halco Brand cheetah costume with hood. Cute. And soon, it will be available for sale over at STAG for Halloween buying!



And then, I shot the next piece in my Rein It In Series (#5!!!!). These are going so well and they're such fun. I mean, how often do you get to put a grown man into fake mutton chops and eye makeup just to make him a smarmy sea captain? (Answer: not often.) These are looking terrific. I will post the finished shots very soon.


Okay, so now that we have my project teasers out of the way, I will share the fair shots with you! My good friend Brian and I ventured a couple of hours north to our Common Ground Fair, which is the more "natural" and "organic" (read: hippy) fair in Maine. A ton of great food, an entire section on alternate forms of energy, robust livestock: in short, it's beautiful and quiet. I found the quiet a bit odd given the number of people. I'm used to fairs with rides and 80's rock and yelling, but there was none of that here. It was delightful. We had such fun and so many laughs! And then I wrapped the weekend up at my favorite friends' house which is always full of sweet animals, good food and good humor. A perfect Sunday ritual that ends the weekend on a calm note.

Fall is off to a very good start, my friends.








 









Until next time: unpleasant dreams...


No comments: