Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Cinnamon in the air & pies in the oven...

Hello Lovelies~

As usual, I hope this week finds you all doing well out there! Things here are falling into a brisk, autumnal state. The days are getting shorter, the temps are doing their daytime/nighttime fluctuation and I've had a strong urge to bake and get my house ready for cooler weather. And bake I did, a friend came over this past weekend and we watched horror movies (Dead Silence. Eeeks!) and the sprinkles and flour were flying. I took what remained of the apples from apple picking a couple of weeks back and made a pie that was delicious (other people told me this, I'm not being immodest). Then, we baked up a huge batch of Halloween cupcakes and iced and decorated those for Halloween. It was sort of a perfect Fall Sunday and that's saying something since Fall has been such a joy so far.



What else? Oh! I have been hired to do a ton of client work lately, which is great! I just finished a couples portrait for a client and friend who needed this image for a family tree project these two are doing at their upcoming wedding. What a sweet, gracious and beautiful couple they are. (And they styled themselves in such a handsome way.) Take a look.


And then another client and friend made a trip from New York to get some head shots done for her acting portfolio. Talk about a joy to work with. So funny, so talented and so smart (not to mention beautiful). We were laughing the entire time. I love my job! Take a look. Stunning, no?




And as we move from Fall towards the holiday season, I've been trying to think of gift-giving that gives back. I'm definitely the less-is-more type in the gift-giving arena: more the thought than the quantity. That being said, I also usually procrastinate and end up at the Mall. Not this year. I've found two great sites that sell beautiful, artisan products made by very talented artists and craftsmen and the money benefits charity. The first site is: Denik. They sell journals with original artwork on the cover like the below. The purchase of these journals benefits both the artist (so they can keep creating beautiful things) and also helps build schools. Win/win.





The second site is: Sevenly. This site also sells artisan products of all types, but the difference here is that the charity changes weekly and so do the products. This week's charity is the Humane Society, so the site is full of great canine products and dog/cat/pet related prints and shirts! Amazing. I love it. I'm all about giving you fresh, artistic ideas that make things better where everyone wins, Lovelies.




Until next time: unpleasant dreams...

No comments: