Sunday, March 1, 2009

The side we deny...

Hello Lovelies!

Be warned, this is going to be a dark and seedy post! Read on if you dare...

I went to see Sweeney Todd over the weekend at the Merrill Auditorium here in Portland and man was it good! Full of murder and fantastic sets and voices to die for. If it comes to your town RUN to get tickets!

I am really excited about some new projects I'm working on for the shop. Possibly this week, I am going to be offering a photographic series of sleazy neon signs that I've photographed on my travels. They will all be somehow related to the underbelly of society either through direct association or an implied one and they will be available as high-quality archival art prints. Here's a sneak peek dear readers, get excited, these are really neat!

       

Also, I am going to be doing a series of scratchboard illustrations relating to the things we all fear as children; closets, underneath the bed, the dark in general. These dark and somewhat creepy illustrations will be available as originals only as I don't think they will look as good as prints. I'll let you all know when they're available so you can take a gander.

And let me wrap up with the worst of the worst folks. A little back story, a group of my friends and I like to get dressed up and/or do makeup and then photograph the results. Then I get to play with these photos in Photoshop. Recently, we went out on a limb and decided to do a zombie. We got the TP, the cornflakes, the liquid latex and here are the results... can you believe it? 

      
Pretty scary, huh? Until next time: unpleasant dreams.


6 comments:

Christine said...

Holy crap dude. I am a huge wimp, and those pictures are freaky! Love your blog though. haha

♥ xtine
http://stuffbyxtine.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I freaked MYSELF out when my friend finished that makeup! The next one will be prettier. :D

Ash said...

Those photos are awesome! I like your new projects. I look forward to seeing how they turn out.

Ash

NONtRENDY said...

Hey! I've seen that pink elephant car wash sign while visting Seattle. I have a picture of it too in my flickr somewhere.

bomobob said...

There's little in this world that's better than sleazy neon signs.

Robbin said...

zombies don't scare me and your pictures gave me a shiver! so great :)