Saturday, March 7, 2009

Why Fish?

Hello Lovelies-

Well, first I would like to say that my blog just received the Kreativ Blogger Award from a blog called Blasphemy which was very nice. I wish I could understand how to pass these things along to others, but I get to about step 45 Appendix B and I lose interest folks. Oh, and I swapped my Maine ACEO (mentioned a few posts ago... scroll down) with this lovely and talented Etsy seller, she was happy to get it!

Last night I went out with some good friends for sushi in Portland (Maine) and it was good as always. I just don't know how they make squid taste so good, but it's like you're not even eating tentacles when you get it grilled there. Mmm. 

And speaking of fish, I wanted to show you all one of my fish tanks. I am a lover of aquariums; old books on them, pictures, city aquariums, pretty much anything dealing with them. A couple of years ago I got this little beauty off of Ebay and it didn't even hold water. But with a little love about about 3 tubes of silicone Wallah! Here she is. I have three large goldfish in there and they didn't want to sit still.

    

And following the fish theme, this is our Mahi Mahi that's in the upstairs hall. He needs a name. Suggestions? More photos of the strange and unusual stuff we have to come...



And I can't leave off without a little bit of art so I'll say this, I will post some pics of the scratchboard pieces tomorrow. I have been too busy filling orders because of the print sale (yay!) to work on them this week, but I'm putting the nose to the grindstone tomorrow.
Unpleasant dreams!

4 comments:

Chrisy said...

Love aquariums...dream of having a huge salt water one with live coral...

cabin + cub said...

my dad used to have three big tanks, it was so fun to watch!
...maybe you could name your mahi after charlie tuna? (perhaps too obvious though).

Anonymous said...

great pictures!

Unknown said...

Hmmm. Charlie is definitely an option. Maybe spell it Charl-y to throw people off? :)